Photo Credit: Jen P.
Hygge has become increasingly popular over the past few years, and we absolutely love it! If you haven’t heard of this inspiring lifestyle trend, hygge can be described as a feeling of warmth and coziness. It’s about embracing time with those you love, practicing the act of slowing down, and being in the moment. Although the concept originates from Denmark, you can easily incorporate hygge into your life regardless of where you are! See below for our tips on embracing hygge with your self-care routine this season.
1. Warm lemon water. Who doesn’t love sipping a warm drink on a cozy day? Drinking warm lemon water each morning has wonderful health benefits. From boosting your immune system to promoting skin health, introducing this simple yet effective drink to your routine is a simple way to take care of your body.
2. Bath time. Opt for a relaxing bath instead of a shower once a week. Baths are wonderful for your muscles and joints. Additionally, soaking your entire body in water supports hydration. Play some soothing music and diffuse your favorite essential oils for an extra cozy touch.
3. Essential oils. The benefits of essential oils are truly endless! From stress relief and energy support to reducing inflammation and aiding sleep, there are so many ways you can benefit from introducing essential oils to your self-care routine. A pumpkin and/or apple spice blend is perfect for this time of year! Reference our guide to selecting high quality essential oils here.
4. Candles. Another simple way to embrace the art of hygge this season is by burning candles. Unfortunately, most manufactured candles contain harmful chemicals. We recommend searching for naturally-made candles or referencing our special edition, The Candle Issue, filled with natural recipes to make your own!
5. Make Your Own Food. Similar to the health risks associated with manufactured candles, we don’t always know every ingredient in our take-out meals. Schedule time this season to make your own meals with whole foods – your body will thank you for it! Vegetable soup and an inspiring read would be a wonderful way to celebrate hygge.
6. Create a Reading List. Reading is known to improve focus and reduce stress. Create a reading list and get lost in inspiring stories this season. Our publisher has a selection of beautiful book-a-zines you will adore!
How do you plan to embrace hygge this season? We would love for you to share with us in the comments below! ❤️