Words: Kristy Haare
This recipe is by Kristy Haare and was originally shared on her blog, Life-N-Reflection
Today we’re excited to welcome frequent Willow and Sage contributor, Kristy Haare, to the blog! Kristy has shared a variety of nourishing DIY skin-care recipes with us over the years and this one is no exception. Treat yourself to a mint lavender DIY mineral bath with her recipe below.
For thousands of years, pink Himalayan salt has been known for its many benefits. Packed with numerous minerals that are important for health – including calcium, iron, copper, iodine, zinc, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, and selenium. No wonder, it is a favorite choice by many to soak in!
1 cup pink Himalayan salt
4 drops lavender essential oil
1 teaspoon apricot kernel oil
4 chocolate mint leaves
1 teaspoon lavender buds
Yields 8 ounces
– Chop 4 chocolate mint leaves and set aside.
– In a medium mixing bowl combine 1 cup pink Himalayan salt and 1 teaspoon apricot kernel oil. You can substitute apricot kernel oil for sweet almond oil if needed. Whisk well to evenly coat.
– Add 4 drops of lavender essential oil and whisk to thoroughly blend fragrance.
– Next, add prepared chopped mint leaves and 1 teaspoon lavender buds.
– Last, whisk to blend in herbs. Pour mint lavender DIY mineral bath into airtight containers
– Pour 2 to 4 tablespoons of mint lavender DIY mineral bath into running bathwater. Step in and enjoy a relaxing herbal bath soak.
To use as a body scrub, scoop a small amount into your hand and massage in a circular motion into your skin. Avoid contact with eyes and rinse with water. Repeat one to two times per week for smoother softer skin.